Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Da Judge

The Official Unofficial Minutes of the WL BOA
December 4

As reported in my post yesterday, the official resolution appointing Larry Maher as WL Municipal Judge was made last evening.  Larry and his wife have been WL residents since 1986.  He is a graduate of the UMKC School of Law, and has represented Park Hill School District in the past.  Most recently he was the CFO for the national VFW before retiring this past spring.

Presiding Circuit Judge Lee Hull will take the resolution from the City under advisement and most certainly Larry will be sitting in the hot seat for court in January.  No criminal holidays in WL.

I was not present at the meeting last night, working in Boston, but I was able to recover reliable, first hand information from an attendee at last night's meeting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a bigger focus on codes enforcement and citations...I want the new judge to be fair but not a pushover.