Saturday, December 29, 2012

Take It To The Limit

Just in case you are not on Mary's email list...

Dear Residents:
It is the period of time to file for Board of Aldermen positions. Both East and Westside have one alderman position up for election. There is no mayoral election this year. I am notifying you of this particularly because the deadline for placing a name on the ballot is Jan. 15th.

I am a strong proponent of term limits. Aldermen do not have term limits, but I have self imposed three (3) terms as my personal limit. Therefore, I am not running for reelection. I have enjoying serving as your alderman and have appreciated great support from you. I am hopeful that some one of you will feel the urge to provide service to your community and file and run for the seat.

 I will, of course, continue to represent you until the April Board meeting, as which time my successor will be sworn in.

 Happy New Year to each of you.

 Mary Hoy
 Westside Alderman

Not part of Mary's email but added for artistic purposes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItlY6oIfRVg
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I respect someone's decision to not run, for whatever reason, however the three term self limit seems a bit odd. Term limits are not necessary, people get the elected officials they deserve, if they don't vote the incumbents out, or if qualified candidates don't step forward, we get what we get.