Sunday, December 23, 2012

Did I Miss Anything?

Duty called, so I headed to Sin City last Wednesday, returning Friday afternoon...blogging had to be put on temporary hold (although I was tempted to post a "GoodBye" post prior to the end of the world on Friday). So besides missing the end of the world on Friday I also missed the first snow storm of the season on Thursday...my minions at home were left the task of driveway shoveling...lovely.
English: Las Vegas Strip
English: Las Vegas Strip (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

My losing streak in Las Vegas remains intact, I quickly lost $10 to a one-armed bandit (actually, as you know, they no longer have arms...more like one button).  In any event, it served to remind me of what a gambling loser I am and therefore the rest of my net worth remained in tact.  To make things worse, one of my business associates won $150, cashed out and bought me an adult beverage, what an arrogant display of largess.  (Another thing I missed was winning the Powerball on Wednesday...apparently an Overland Park couple had much better luck).

Both LAS and SLT airports were swamped with travelers on Friday, not many apparently affected by the potential of impending doom predicted by the Mayans.  The midwest snowstorm had caused trouble enough,  with more passengers than seats available.  My flight from SLT was overbooked with the offer of $400 to those who would give up their seat...and rebook on Saturday, nah, not me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: