Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blown Away

The Official Unofficial Minutes of the WL BOA
Sept 6
Portions of the fence at the city boat storage lot were ravaged by the series of storms the last two weeks.  During the Public Works report, George gave the estimates for repair with three different scenarios:
A - repair to current configuration ($7,000)
B - go with 6' chain link ($4,800)
C - offset slats ($2,000)
The discussion gave me the distinct impression the Mayor and George were seeking to do the fix on the cheap.
Questions from the audience..."How many items are stored at the lot?"  Answer: 200 boats, trailers, etc.
"What is the average rental fee per year"  Answer $125
Now do the math.  During the past four years $100,000 has been dumped into the general fund with a very modest amount being spent on the boat lot.  My recommendation, go with option A.  The renters in the lot deserve to have it repaired to the current look.  
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bubba agrees... seems only fair .. but then again, I tend to error in favor of the customer vs. the track record of some in city hall.

Anonymous said...

I stopped using the lot last year, parking my trailer in the driveway instead. Too expensive for what I was getting, weeds calf high, and my trailer was moved to another spot by someone, I think security sucks. Bos must think so too, his trailer is in his driveway.