Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Flying Trash

From Mary's recent update:
"First off, yesterday (Friday) was trash day at Weatherby Lake.  Once again I notice an unacceptable amount of litter along our streets. I happened to be driving right behind their truck and saw the litter flying onto our streets.  I’m not sure if it was the garbage or recycling truck, but I’m suspecting that it was recycling. I plan to call Allied on Monday AM and complain.  I hope that if you too are upset about this mess, that you also register your complaints to Allied Customer Service at 254-1470.  Ask to speak to the Weatherby Lake Account Representative.  We didn’t have this problem under the old system."


Couple of thoughts.  I see some bins on Friday overloaded with lids back, bad things are bound to happen.  When the robo-arm is dumping I imagine there is a chance for the wind, if it is strong enough to blow loose papers out of the drop zone.  Because the City negotiated the contract on your behalf, if you see a litter event, I recommend you call the Mayor and the Aldermen.       

No comments: