Friday, June 15, 2012

Dud

Mail
Mail (Photo credit: Pacdog)
You may have received the flyer yesterday in the mail with information (and solicitation) regarding the 4th of July Fireworks.  Got a call yesterday asking me if I looked at the postage on the envelope...I looked at mine, all normal, 45 cents, First Class mail.  His was $1.05...hmm.  He checked with another resident, hers was 85 cents.  What gives?  Administrative screw-up?  Don't look at the City staff, they didn't do the mailing.  Postal machine gone wild?  Maybe or could it have been operator error...and who was the operator?  Inquiring minds.

English: Fireworks at the celebration of the U...
English: Fireworks at the celebration of the United States independence day (2009, 4th July) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
If you looked at the flyer it gave a detailed explanation of what is and is not allowed by City Code in regards to "legal" fireworks.  Alderman Finn very focused on a clamp down on scofflaws who ignore the law...apparently she has a neighbor who is a chronic violator.
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting, I had a buck five too.

Anonymous said...

If the city staff didn't do it, who dunnit?

Anonymous said...

Like every thing else someone else screwed up and wont admit

It is President Obamas fault

Anonymous said...

Ok, again. I did it. I admit I did it.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

Anonymous said...

Ok, again. I did it. I admit I did it.

I took over from a "Dud"

Just like they blamed 911 on the wrong guy they are convincing the same slow gullible people that I am the other Hussein dunnit

You know ...this great big nation building mess we are in

Barack Obama

Trayvon said...

Sources close to the former administration believe Alan York and his larger than life fingers may have hit a few wrong buttons on the mail-o-meter. I cannot confirm this, however.

Good luck to us all.