Sunday, November 17, 2013

Parts Is Parts

So, the Indian Summer continues of sorts, nice yesterday and not bad today. Quiet around the lake, the transition from the bustle of lake living to the hibernation in the cave mode.

What to blog about? The upcoming Mayoral race...nah, save that for the filing period next month. Scraping bottom here. Ok, what about this?

Three weeks ago tomorrow I became a member of the Bionic Weatherbeans Club or BWC. I know a woman here who joined the BWC with her new knee, me I got me a new right hip. My old hip went down hill fast, starting to balk a bit in May and by October 25th, my last day of work, it was acting as if a pit bull was chomping on it as I staggered down the concourse at BWI. The 26th I fulfilled a long held promise to Sarah to sky dive on her 18th birthday. Off we went to Waldron, up 10,000 feet and then out of a perfectly good airplane. Fall velocity 125 MPH. Holy sh**. Anyway, safe landing, standing up and the last thrill my old hip would have.

Monday morning the 28th, my doc K comes in to autograph my hip (we do want to replace the right one, right?) and off to sleepy bye @ NKC Hospital. Wake up in Recovery to see one of WL finest nurses, Ms C, checking on me, nice, even though the fog of anesthesia isn't quite cleared. 48 hrs later discharged, out the door with a cane and back to WL.

Three weeks later, walking normally with no assist, my pit bull right hip left behind at NKC. Very remarkable recovery, as me and my bionic part become good friends.

I'd like to think this is the last of my body part replacement program...but the tell tale creaking of my OEM suggests not. Oh well, parts is parts.

 

No comments: