Thursday, September 22, 2016

AWOL

Absent WithOutLetting the aldermen know.

For all those familiar with military service, AbsentWithOutLeave (AWOL) is basically abandoning your post without permission...I have a personal story about being AWOL...but I digress.

I mentioned Mayor Botbyl was not present for the BOA meeting this month, Alderman Stevenson as Mayor Pro Tem presided over the meeting.  Apparently Hizzoner continues to be away, but did not let Aldermen Finn, Richmond and Clark know about his extended absence.  Presumably he let Stevenson know, I would think.  Botbyl did let City staff know.  Why not the alderman?  You would have to ask him but it seems to fit the pattern of lack of communication with the Board.  A bit irritating wouldn't you say?

How does this play into the renewed City interest in enforcing codes?  We'll have to wait until the next BOA.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty silly that the mayor doesn't keep everyone on board. Was it an oversight or on purpose? Either way a person has to wonder.

Anonymous said...

Mike, I have been following the blog for some time. Seems to me someone like you needs to be on the board. Would you consider running for alderman?

Anonymous said...

I would be glad to sign a recall petition for this Mayor, goes double for major jerk Brian Stephenson.

How out there is willing to start one?