Saturday, April 7, 2018

SNAFU

Situation Normal, All Fouled Up...okay, I was first introduced to this term in the Army and there were variations of the word Fouled, but then you get the idea.

First of all, hats off to our elections officials at the Community Center.  They never get recognized and need a little love too.  My observation is I walk in, approach one of the individuals at the desk, show my ID, verify my address, sign my name, get my ballot, mark my ballot, deposit my ballot and leave, almost always efficiently, in and out.  (if you ever voted at City Hall prior to the CC you might have had a different experience.)

( a quick aside...the point of verifying address is to confirm eligibility to vote in that jurisdiction...if an individual knowingly lies about the address, it is a Felony)

A situation developed on Tuesday at the CC that warrants a mention.  An official from the County Board of Elections noticed there was no sample ballot indicating the write in candidacy for Bill McGovern.  She hand made samples and placed them on the tables where the voting posts were.  This was a mistake.  It was noticed and reported to the Board of Elections in Platte City.  An official called the supervisory judges at the CC requesting said samples to be removed, because as they were placed it could be considered electioneering. The samples were repositioned appropriately, no foul, no harm.

602 WL residents swung through the CC on Tuesday...not bad.

No comments: