Saturday, January 23, 2010

Quick Draw

A dreary week in CVG, no sun, just overcast and intermittent showers. Thursday evening I was on my way back to MCI, catching a quick sandwich and brew at the Sam Adams restaurant on Concourse A @ CVG. I was standing at the bar when I noticed an Army Sergeant stroll up at the other end. He looked a little weary...I thought he deserved a beer on me so I reached in my pocket for my wallet. Simultaneously the two suits seated in front of me drew their plastic as the bartender approached. Suit #1, a millisecond ahead of Suit #2, told the barman to give the soldier a drink on him...Suit #2 added if he needed a second, put it on his tab. I was a distant 3rd in the proceedings, not even close to getting my money down. The beer was delivered to the soldier, a nod our way, a return salute by Suit #1. The three of us on the other end of the bar giggled like school girls. Nothing said, just smiles. You gotta be quick on the road.

Boarded my flight on time, compliments of Delta Connection. Not quite the accommodations you see in "Up In The Air", although my business bag did fit underneath the seat in front of me...wahooo. Best that can be said is I am probably beating Bubba home...but then again that is why he will be a Double Black Diamond Super Elite traveler again this year. At least George Clooney and me have something in common, ...our good looks...right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't live in Kansas City and I would like to be the judge on your resemblance to George (my favorite actor). Why don't you post a pic?
Ann

Anonymous said...

Ann, I know him well, he and George could be brothers.
- Bubba