Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ask Mike


Received this in email yesterday.

Mike, I know you are an expert of sorts on the City Code, my neighbor just put up this pool. Does it break any City laws?
PeeWee

Dear PeeWee,
This is not an advice column, please consult your chaplain. However, being a neighbor myself, and having some familiarity with the City Codes, I will hazzard a guess.
(Disclaimer, the opinions of this blogger are purely conjecture, do not represent fact or truth, and may be completely wrong. Your results may vary, please consult competent legal advice if necessary).
I see a couple of obvious issues:
  • The door stop affixed to the power strip is being used in an out of Code manner (405.112)

  • There is no safety fence at least 4' surronding said pool (403.405)

  • There is no posting of max numbers of bathers in said pool (402.111)

Other than that, I think your neighbor is good to go. Unless you turn him/her in, they could probably slide through the summer. My advice is get your Speedo, grab a 12ver of Bud Light and be a good neighbor...Life is good at Weatherby Lake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we need a community pool as well as monuments. I like the idea of a swim up bar.