Sunday, June 12, 2011

Boaters Beware

Kraken: Tentacles of the DeepImage via Wikipedia
Was out doing a little fishing this AM in my little boat powered by a trolling motor. As I made my way along the shore towards Venita, I saw a dredge pipe with no markers in sight.  It was just below the surface and I was going slow...hmmm,  dangerous I thought.  The pipe seemed to meander, looked like it had an "S" in it before another marker appeared.  Making my way back home I noticed a fellow fisherman get hung up on the pipe, same spot where I was thinking it was bad.  He raised his motor, put his trolling motor down, neither the pipe or his prop the worse for wear.  Dredging operations had not started so maybe it is not a hazard during the day...but beware of the Kraken.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was bad on Saturday. It was periodically raising then sinking and the 'mother ship' was in K cove, not in use. With the sun out you could see it lurking beneath. After dark or on a cloudy day, things would not be so good. Not near enough bouys.

Anonymous said...

I was on safari when suddenly a bull elepant appeared out of the thick brush. I got one shot off as it charged at me, his long white tusks gleaming in the hot evening sun. I got one shot off missed and the gun jammed. I had time to reach for and retrieve my knife from its sheath. I quickly cut a grape vine, grabbed it and swang out of the path of the bull and up into the canopy. The bull was confused and didn't leave the the area for what seemed like hours. It was starting to get really dark, I could hardly see when I heard the screams of ------