Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"People will die"

No, not talking about Obamacare, not talking about H1N1 flu...although I guess both could cause people to die.

Nope, the above quote was from one of my favorite KCMO council members, Ed Ford. He loves the image of the ultimate mayhem (recall his comments regarding the Barry Road Bridge?) He was speaking in reference to the MAST takeover by the KCMO Fire Department (Sept 18, 2009). "This is not in the interest of public safety" Mr Ford said.

Bystanders? I'd say we are active participants because MAST is the provider for South Platte Ambulance District. Should be very interesting going forward. What if Ford is right?

Speaking of death...no I did not die, just been a road warrior this past two weeks. MCI/ATL/CLT/ORF/RIC/ORF/ATL/MCI/ATL/DAB/ATL/MCI.

It has been quiet on the City scene. Did anybody attend last night's Entrance meeting? If so please comment.

3 comments:

sherry said...

Oh Mike,
A day without your blog is a day without sunshine. I, for one, have missed you. Also missed the entrance meeting but where is DAB?

Anonymous said...

We know people will die from flu Mike its a concern for me as I am elderly

How do you guess people will die on Obama Care ?

Perhaps you can explain your thinking on how that could happen.

mike moratz said...

A little bit of the comment is tongue in cheek. I know you have seen published comments about the comparison of Obamacare to socialized medicine...rationing of health care, etc.

I think the scandal of healthcare is non-compliance, non-adherence to prescribed regimens and prescriptions...folks who have health insurance and ignore the advice of their doctors, resulting in serious illnesses and burdens on the system...who pays? You and me. In that regard, I guess death is cost effective.