Friday, May 2, 2008

Potpourri

The reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated! A series of events including problems with my DSL, work demands and worst of all a case of blogalethargy have prevented updates until now. I'm baaack. Thanks for your many comments, both on the site, in person and/or phone. I will respond to those that require so (including Brian) hopefully in the next day or so.

Quite a series of storms last night. The second set around 2AM woke me up, it was pouring. Too dark to assess impact yet, but I feel sure we have another wave of "chocolate" to view in the lake as day breaks. My "Chocolate" posting last week evoked some fairly emotional responses, your concerns about the future of our lake is evident. Have you talked with you alderman and/or mayor about it? Have you called a WLIC board member or President Joe Ennett? Have you asked them what the game plan is to deal with the current and coming storm water problems? Most importantly, have you asked them how you can help? Don't wait and assume somebody else will handle it...this is your lake, your property, your lifestyle. For those who mobilized because of the closing of the Community Center...imagine closing the lake? Far fetched? Tell me what you think?

No comments: