Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mayor's Comments, March 2nd

The Official Unofficial Minutes of the WL BOA
March 2nd
  • Boy Scout Project on 4/17 moving forward. There is a need for volunteer help from the community. Next meeting is March 10th @ City Hall, 7:30 AM.

  • SWAT Dinner and Talent Show March 28th @ CC, 5PM. $10 adults, kids $5.

  • Barry Road Update: "Chad from KCMO says the completion date is still 2011 sometime. Chad also said they are going to start in earnest in the Spring." In case you missed it, here is the Mayor's comments regarding the same issue in the last WLL. "Recently I was updated on the Barry Road project....Kansas City hopes to complete the project sometime in late 2011. This is not good news and a long way off of what we were told in the summer of 2008. I'm not sure what to say further, my dad always told me "son, if you don't have anything good to say, be quiet."
I may do a montage of comments from Jerry and others concerning the Barry Road project...certainly on the 2nd anniversary of the road closing. For those of us who traverse Wildwood daily, unlike Mr Bos, it's more than just an inconvenience. It is the quiet, from the City, that does harm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Jerry woudl be just a bit more vocal about the bridge if he lived on the west side.

New sign off for him: Life is great on Weatherby Lake's east side, inconvenient on the west side and muddy in north cove.

Anonymous said...

I didnt know Jerry was responsible for the bridge being out. I thought that was Kansas City? Is Jerry the mayor of Kansas City now? I don't like my property taxes. I think I;ll blame Jerry for that too. Oh and I'm sick and tired of the cold weather. Darn that Jerry. I wish he would just give in and make it spring already!

Anonymous said...

252/Anon I agree with what you are saying EXCEPT he campaigned that he had all this experience getting KC to do whatever he wanted while negotiating on the behalf of Pine Ridge. People believed him. We citizens have a responsibility to hold politicians feet to the fire. Another example was his whisper campaign concerning financial issues at City Hall. Since he is in office, he feels no audits are needed. There is an old saying - sometimes we get the representation we deserve. We have it on many levels.

Anonymous said...

Just to jump in here - I read those flyers. I thought they said he had experience in dealing with Kansas City. I don't recall he said he could get them to do whatever he wanted. Did he really promise to make Kansas City do whatever he wants? oh my. That's pretty scary. And you voted for him based on that?