Thursday, October 21, 2010

Slow Mo

Our friends @ WLIC can be a bit slow two recent examples personal examples:

  • I went to the office on a Tuesday to file for a permit to do some tuck pointing on my seawall.  Did the application and provided the required deposit.  Told them (Bob/Erica) I'd like to get started on the weekend.  I was told I would get the green light after one of the directors did a "pre-inspection".  I didn't hear from them by Friday, so I tripped on down to the office.  No, the inspection apparently had not occurred and Bob said if I proceeded without said inspection it would be at "my own risk".  Yipes, keeping in mind some of those who recently have run afoul of the WLIC I opted to bypass a weekend of gorgeous weather rather than incur WLIC wrath.  The following Tuesday I received a voicemail, exactly one week after my application, that I was good to go.  Oh well. 
  • More than six weeks ago I asked a Director if he could give me the financials for the new Pavillion/C Point construction project.  I just wanted general numbers...like how much it was projected to cost and how was it being paid for, something I thought would be generally available.  I followed up with him via telephone...and by now, multiple emails.  Nothing, other than promises it was forth coming.  No, I haven't been to any recent Board meetings, I have either had other commitments or been out of town on business.  Maybe they have discussed the financials...you would think?  Don't get me wrong, I think this Board has done some fine work...with one exception, keeping the membership informed...and yes I have told them that at a Board meeting...and yes a few Board members mentioned they could do a better job...to no avail.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why wouldn't Ennett give you the information?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure if a WLIC director put his application in, Bob/Erica would have had them wait also. ;). lol.

mike moratz said...

Actually the director is/was Treasurer Tom Henke. Joe has always responded to my requests, email or phone promptly.

Anonymous said...

Elwood would have got a quick response from Tom

Anonymous said...

Tom Henke doesn't return phone calls. Amazing excuses he has set up for his wife and children to give when trying to get ahold of him. After several calls, gave up. Called another WLIC director and he responded and took care of the matter within minutes. Seems to me Henke's only out there to promote his business. Noticed he was "available" when pitching his windmill power to the city.