Friday, October 7, 2011

Rockin

The Official Unofficial Minutes of the WL BOA
Oct 4th

Cover of Gone in 60 SecondsPolice Beat-Usually a ho-hum part of the meeting, especially because of the blackout regarding the case of the Maligned Trespasser until she goes to trial.  Two situations noted by 2nd in command Mike sitting in for Chief Gary were of interest if not funny.

Gone in Sixty Seconds:  A car was stolen from an open garage, now that doesn't happen very often.  The vehicle apparently was recovered on the east side of Kansas City (remarkable there was more than the frame left). In any event, as the car was being inventoried a check book and drivers license (not the owner) were found...can you say evidence?  (Chief Gary has mentioned time and again to keep garage doors closed-if you don't it is at your own peril)
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2544501017/

Chivalry Lost:  A theft of landscape stones was reported at C Point.  Apparently a woman was observed helping herself while a male accomplice was at the wheel of the getaway car.  No discussion of leads but I have my ideas...I would focus on residences where the woman of the house mows the lawn, I would expect a high correlation between that activity and lugging purloined pavers.  Sorry about the profiling for those not guilty, but that is the kind of society we live in.

Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My neighbor leaves his garage door open all the time, sometimes even leaves the house with it open. I could put a yard sign out saying "Free-Anything In The Garage", guess he wouldn't like that.

Anonymous said...

Do you know where the theft occurred? It would be nice to know.

mike moratz said...

No mention of the address at the meeting, your alderman might know.

Anonymous said...

Mike, you have now pointed the finger and put under neighbors’ suspicion every woman who mows their own lawn. That is a nasty, uncalled for, and stupid gossip feeding statement. I know of one woman who mows her yard, does it for exercise, and has more money then you could possibly dream of. Your idiot declaration points to someone like that. If you suspect someone then man up who you think it is and quite b**ls**ting around. Have lost complete respect for you.

mike moratz said...

I know after WL detectives have finished their investigation I will be vindicated when the arrest is made. I wonder if Jennifer Payne mows her lawn? As for me, I retired long ago, am virtually penniless and looking forward to living on the public dole. It wouldn't take much to make more than me.

Anonymous said...

Feel sorry for anyone who lives in the neighborhood of any woman fitting the description of the mowing-paving-stone-thief. Poor people will have to live in fear their own landscape materials may be in jeopardy until the true woman-mowing-paving-stone-thief is behind bars. In the mean time, my wife welcomes anyone who challenges any of her hard-hauled paving stones as not her own. Maybe mowing the lawn has been a facade all along and she’s been hiding a stash from me. And the male in the getaway car? Now this blog has got me suspicious of my own wife.

Anonymous said...

"looking forward to living on the public dole"

No self respecting Republic would say that.

Although it is true 40% of the budget the "out of control government" is borrowing 40 cents of every dollar it spends

Enjoy the Drug Plan D too add it to my kids bill