Saturday, April 28, 2012

Good to the Last Roast

KC Folgers ended its run in downtown KC this month, been meaning to comment on it but stuff keeps popping up.  There was a concerted effort to keep the plant here and going but it was not to be, Folgers consolidating plants in LA (for those East Siders who might get confused, that is Louisiana, not Los Angeles).

When I first moved to KC, I lived in a top floor apartment in Quality Hill, the old Coates House at 10th and Broadway.  One of my memories is the cold winter air in the morning as I walked to may car and smell the roasting beans from the Folgers plant just a few blocks away...would have made Starbucks jealous.  Since then, whenever I was in the neighborhood, I would roll down the car window in hope of catching a whiff...sometimes it would happen...nice.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2012/03/27/folgers-plant-in-kansas-city-ends.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right Mike, there was something about crossing Broadway bridge and smelling the coffee beans.

Anonymous said...

I resemble the East Sider quip.

I happen to know my LAs well enough thank you

LA to AL you name it

I went to school there

UCLA

Upper Corner Lower Alabama