Friday, August 3, 2012

"Vote Against Beverlee August 7th"

At least that is what Kathy Dusenbery advises you to do next Tuesday.  I guess that means you should vote for Kathy?  Odd, don't you think?  Platte County doesn't have term limits so the voters have to do the heavy lifting, in this case letting Kathy out to pasture.

I am voting against Dusenberry, in part.  She has had a relatively undistinguished resume as County Commissioner.  She mentions in her latest campaign flyer she is a "proven watchdog".  The dog part might be right, I see her more as a lapdog for Presiding Commissioner Jason Brown.  That might be an explanation for her vote on the contract to JE Dunn.  She takes pride in "reduced county employees", she doesn't mention leaving employees high and dry, without pay raises for years.  Is that right?  She says she has "improved county services", closing the annex now requires us in the South to traipse to Platte City.  Now that is an improvement.  If you catch her before the election you might ask her to explain her vote not to place a certified petition (regarding the Zoo tax) on the ballot.

I stood next to her while listening to Jerry, the Funk and others say all the right things when Barry Road was closed at the BRB.  That was the last known sighting of Dusenbery in that vicinity.  She was AWOL in the battle with KCMO over the Barry Road fiasco.  She said all the right things a candidate politician running for Commissioner, and then puff, she was gone.

You might say I am just repeating stuff from campaign brochures.  Well, I have had the pleasure (sic) of debating with her, on a number of occasions, in public forums, during the South Platte Ambulance District dustup.  She was Mayor of Parkville, I was a pest alderman from WL.  I can tell you she does not like to be challenged and is easily provoked...in short, loses her cool.  She was the lead dog, with Henderson,Gross, and others sniffing her...well you get the picture.

So my friends, my advice to you is to vote against Kathy Dusenbery next Tuesday.  Translated for you East Siders, vote for Beverlee Roper.  I think she will be a welcome change at the County and bring balance back to a Commission that needs a breath of fresh air.  By the way, the Parkville vote will be crucial for Bev.  Tell your friends in Parkville to get over the fact that Kathy is from Parkville and vote for someone who will best represent the South...Beverlee Roper.

And that is as I see it.      

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought dog fights were illegal

mike moratz said...

some might say this is really a cat fight, but I am not going to go there. Ironic because Beverlee is a real dog lover, I guess there are exceptions to every rule. I'm thinking she would take this "watchdog" to the pound.

Anonymous said...

MIke: Journalism 101, don't write a misleading headline or lead. If you're endorsing Beverlee, your headline is doing a disservice.

mike moratz said...

Dear Professor,Thanks for the feedback. Luckily I do not profess to be a journalist and at this point in my life would not consider being one. No, I am in the elite class of the blogosphere, unfettered by anyone or anything...except maybe spell check. Good point though, if you just read the header and ran out to the poll on my say so, you would have made a big mistake. Vote Bev.

Anonymous said...

A close relative of mine, on various occasions, has a requirement to interact with Dusenberry. Nothing to do with Platte County or politics. I’ve heard the words illogical and scattered brain more than once over the years.

Rarely have I had to interact with Roper over the years. But when I did . . . asked her a few years back for some mundane information and got a “can’t be bothered” attitude while she walked away. Okay, so what. Sometime later she made a point to say something that was such kick in the gut, I stood there utterly stunned. Had no idea where it was coming from. Again, so what. What I found amazing, while running for commissioner, is this complete turnabout face. Asking for support and money . . . I’m thinking, you got to be kidding. I avoid her at all costs. She’s beyond catty, it more like someone with an axe to grind or a need to bully.

I have nothing good to say about either one.

Anonymous said...

If you write a check to support the candidacy of Rudolph Giuliani that complete lack of judgement would exclude you from ever receiving my vote

We have not learned our lessons from Ididitfordadistan have we?

I vote against Beverlee