Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Botbyl vs Clark

Now and up to April 3rd I will post on various topics related to the Mayoral race.  Some of the issues have been addressed in the campaign materials provided by both candidates.  Other issues have not been mentioned, at least publicly.  I will endeavor to examine all of it.

So let's start with me.  I have always been transparent on where I stand and for those who are relatively new (or have forgotten) allow me to use this post for background.

I consider myself a "veteran observer" of WL City Hall.  I was appointed to the City Council as West Ward alderman in November 03, as a result of the resignation of Mayor Kendrick.  Alderman York, at the time, was elected Mayor by his fellow alderman, I took York's place on the board.  Mr York nominated me for Board.  I ran for re-election unopposed in 04 and served one term, elected by my peers as Mayor Pro-Tem twice.  I have served over a decade on both the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Adjustment.  Unlike almost all WL elected officials after they finish their terms, I have been a regular attendee at the monthly Board of  Aldermen (BOA) meetings over the past 12 years (and documented quite a bit on this blog).  After my term finished I have been a consistent observer at City Hall, probably to the chagrin of Mayor's Bos and Botbyl.  Clark and Tanya Finn have been long serving aldermen during these years...and the Three Amigas (3 WL women) are also regular attendees, siting in the gallery, back row.  The Mayor and the Council operate out of sight of the citizens of WL for the most part.  That isn't their choice, dear reader..that is yours/ours.  So I will do my best to fill in the gaps.

I first met Steve Clark the evening my appointment as Alderman was made official in November 03.  I did not always agree with his views on the Board (Sonoma Ridge) but I did respect the fact that he always spoke his mind, no hidden agendas, always a proponent of what he thought was best for the City.

I am voting for Steve as our next Mayor, I will elaborate on the reasons why in the coming posts.
Join me.

No comments: