Wednesday, March 14, 2018

My Vote for Alderman, West Side

If you have read the blog you know I pretty much call it As I See It. This is the way I see the West Side race.  Until recently with the election of Richmond, then Footer, the Board of Aldermen (BOA) has been uniformly comprised of long term residents of the city.  Nothing wrong with that but it really doesn't represent the continuing change of demographics at WL.  I do value the historical perspectives of individuals like Steve Clark and Tanya Finn, there have been a number of times over the years when they have provided great feedback to the Mayor and other Board members...basically been there, done that.  What has been missing, to some extent, is another set of eyes/ears to question where we have been, and more importantly where we are going?

I believe Britt Carlson is the best choice for the West Side, for the City.  I like the fact he is a practicing attorney, I do think from time to time our City Attorney needs to be asked challenging questions, Britt would be a great person to do that.  I love the fact that he has a "passion" for the position.  My talk with him convinced me he is not an alderman that shows up once a month for BOA meetings then goes home.  I expect he will be an active participant in planning for the future of WL, something we are a bit behind, in my view.

On April 3rd, I am voting for Britt.

No comments: