Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bombed

Survived another 4th of gluttony and pyrotechnics. Our out of state guests marveled at our WL approach to celebrating Independence Day. I thought the finale of the fireworks last night to be the best ever...guests were in awe...yep, little ol WL.

The weather all day was something, we didn't miss the withering heat we could have had, the cool was nice. The wind last night tested our anchoring skills, took three anchors to hold us in place. We only almost got run over once, not bad.

Look for page B5 in the Star today. The featured "Tribute" on the obit page is Don Birmingham. Nice piece, nice tribute.

Got to go, have to replace the divots in the lawn from the dynamite and C4.

Congrats to viewer #25,000, you can claim your prize right after the BRB is completed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPEE. I win the price for the 25,000th hit. When can I expect my prize? Actually, the prize is reading your blogs. I love them. Thanks

Tea Doff said...

Didn't enjoy your pyrotechnics, Mike. Seems to me you blatently ignored the City ordinances regarding ariel fireworks. Maybe you think you are above all of that?