Monday, October 19, 2009

I Read It In A Magazine

Current Southwest Airlines Spirit Magazine

20% of methane released in the atmosphere is produced by...cows. According to the EPA 5.5 metric tons are produced by cows, mostly in burps ( I had heard this before, but thought it came from the other end)(used to play in my grandpa's pasture, throwing chunks of platters at my sister, never realized I was handling hazardous materials!).

Scientists in Iowa and elsewhere are trying to develop cows that burp less and reach market weight sooner, I know you feel better already.

Reports this week of a moderate El Nino and predictions of a mild Midwestern winter seem to contradict the weather of the past two weeks. When do I put the snow blade on the lawn tractor? I missed the first snow last year, I'm thinking mid-December?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/2007/08/official-us-cli.html


http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2009/10/19/hurricane-katrina-victims-have-standing-to-sue-over-global-warming/