Tuesday, December 14, 2010

HoHoHo

The Official Unofficial Minutes of the WL BOA
Dec 7
A&P, COFFEE, SANTA CLAUSImage by George Eastman House via Flickr

The BOA passed ordinances setting pay for City employees for 2011.  You might recall last year they considered no salary increases based on the "economy"...only to come to their senses and reverse course.  This year the average increase is around 1%.  How does that compare?  Check it out.

http://www.culpepper.com/eBulletin/2010/SalaryIncreaseBudgets0910.asp 

http://columbustelegram.com/news/local/article_f1caf962-e8e5-11df-b073-001cc4c002e0.html

I wasn't present for the budget discussions this year so I can't speak to the rationale...I'm sure your alderman or Mayor could.  Grinch or Santa...what's your pick?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (film)Image via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grinch

Anonymous said...

Like leaving a 5% tip even though the service has been good...cmon man.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Mayor and the BOA needs to ride the snowplow at midnight or fix a grinder on Saturday night...feel the love?

Anonymous said...

Kind of says it all, while the mayor leads his merry bunch of rich folks to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on monuments...the worker bees get the crumbs. Shame on them.

Anonymous said...

Not to be the Grinch, but in this economy MOST of us aren't getting raises OR cost of living increases. My last one was 2008 and my husbands was 2009. HOWEVER we are VERY glad to have our jobs with all the workers out there looking for anything to pick up I'm not gonna complain.
I'm not saying that our crew isn't doing awesome, especially when the show up at an odd hour or in the freezing cold, but just like when I am mandated to stay late and work the 11pm-7am shift and take care of patients I DO get paid for the extra work. It SUCKS, but I am paid for that and it's in my contract

Anonymous said...

Dec 15,631:
Understand your situation but KC Chamber of Commerce data would prove you wrong. Cost of living? I don't know of any employers that do that any more. Merit increases, yes, and the Grinch comes to those who do not perform. Not sure how the city does it, hopefully it is not a straight across the board increase.