Monday, November 14, 2011

Slack

Driver's PermitsImage by Rick Scully via FlickrSharp eyed reader mentioned something that caught his attention about the whole JP thing.  Quote from Judge Roper in this month's E Weatherby Lake Living:

"The alleged trespasser had driven to the location in a car with out of state license plates and could produce no further identification but a credit card, not even a driver’s license."
http://eweatherbylakeliving.com/city-news-08-11/case-in-point-11-201

For all the apologists who feel WLIC was heavy handed apparently the WL Police cut her some slack.  As far as I can tell no citation was issued for not having a driver's license, apparently that was by the officer's discretion, so Ms Jenny not only got a low ball fine for trespass she wasn't cited when she could have been.  Ah yes, a kinder, gentler WL.
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C300-399/3020000020.HTM

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think this situation was handled properly but that doesn't change I think very highly of our police department.

But it seems to me the officer could not give this Jennifer Payne a ticket for no driver's license because he didn't actually witness her driving. Not sure he was actually cutting her some slack.

Anonymous said...

Why are people looking for other ways to discredit this Jennifer Payne? (i.e. driver's license, body shots, business woman ruse, etc.)

To somehow give credence to the trespassing charge because she's such a bad woman in other ways?

Anonymous said...

I got a ticket for no license when I got pulled over for defective headlight, left it in my other purse. The officer was nice but still gave me the ticket. I think Jennifer got off easy.

Anonymous said...

How timely. Saw a trespasser today at J cove then at Venita. I decided not to call because it was an out of state plate and I figured most of my neighbors didn't want me to.

Anonymous said...

How do you know they're a trepasser? Maybe they were checking out the area to move to?

Anonymous said...

Driving 10 miles an hour in their work truck with ladders and utility trailer, until they found another access area. Oh yeah, the fishing poles in their hands that I saw them using almost two hours later. Yeah, you're right. I could be wrong, but the odds are that I'm not. Just making a point that's all. Shame on me for not calling, but the subject was too fresh and volatile to take on.