Sunday, January 22, 2012

Holy Tamale!

I do consider myself a self-appointed moonlighting aficionado of tamales.  Yep, you read right, tamales.  Those little Mexican entrees wrapped up in a corn husk wrapper.  (Novices take heed, you do not eat the wrapper)  I have been to lots of dives in south Texas and of course more than I can count in Mexico (I have driven south to north in Mexico, but that is a story for another time).  Why am I establishing my credentials?  I am about to pronounce my "best of" and it is right here in Platte County, Tiffany Springs to be exact.

Luna Azteca Mexican Grill, 1004 Ambassador Drive, across from Embassy Suites.

I have tried the tamales a number of times, they are consistently delicious, perfect.  If you have never tried a tamale, these will spoil you.  If you have had tamales somewhere else...well, you be the judge.  Two choices, pork or chicken, both are very good, I like the pork best.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Went there for the first time this weekend, it was as you say, very good. Friendly and family owned, a nice addition to the area.