Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Star-Reader Beware

KC Star March 30 Election Guide

You will see an entire page in the Guide allotted to the Weatherby Lake election next week.  I thought the comments attributed to Alan York seemed a bit odd, so I called Mr York to confirm.  Yipes!  What he submitted to the Star and what was published are quite different (I imagine other candidates experienced the same issues...if you are a candidate and want me to publish your entire response to questions I will post what you sent, unedited)

 Why are you running?

The current Mayor is not providing sound mid-west oriented leadership for our Lake Community.  I have been approached by many unhappy residents asking me to put my name on the ballot.

What do you like about how things are going now?

Nothing.  The current Mayor has divided the Board of Aldermen.  He refuses to listen to members of the Board of Aldermen and the public If they have ideas and input that does not agree with him.  The City totally dropped the ball concerning the new flood plain maps from FEMA - costing the community over $20,000.  He failed to provide leadership during the implementation of the new radio read water meters, causing our citizens to receive 2 incorrect bi-monthly water bills. 
What would you like to change?

I will be a full-time Mayor - the current Mayor is only available on some Fridays.  I will lead the monthly Board of Aldermen meetings in a professional and respectful manner.  I will update the City's long-term plan.  Using my MBA in Finance and strong knowledge of the City's budget, I will produce budgets that reflect the wants and needs of our community.

Probably the most interesting edit was York's answer to the second question.  Nothing? and then nothing.  As you can see there is "something".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see what the other candidates have said if their comments were shortened or edited.