Saturday, April 23, 2016

I'm Mad at Prince

Pardon the Interruption

Okay, so he is now in the great Purple Rain in the sky...I wanted to have my own tribute song fest to him on my Apple Music...then I came to the realization that his music, at least streaming, is not available in any meaningful way (with the exception of Tidal).  What the hell?  I did purchase some of his CDs way back so I do have some of his best early work.  But, nothing like I could dial up with many artists on Apple Music.  Boo, right?  Well, Prince from the very beginning was very smart, and very protective of his work and artistic rights.  Interestingly it wasn't about the money so much as artistic control...which he had and takes to the grave.  I can appreciate that.  Supposedly a treasure trove of unpublished music is in his "Vault", co-owned by Warner Bros and him (estate).  Wouldn't that be interesting to get at?

So yeah, all you refugees from the 70's/80's music scene you will have to get into your archives or pay up.  Just like he wanted you to do.

My favorite, Little Red Corvette.  Hmmm, the stories that come with that song.

I'm not really mad at Prince.
RIP

No comments: