Thursday, April 14, 2016

No Show

Had good intentions of making the BOA last night, but a family outing ran long and just coudn't make the meeting.  I will attempt to gain highlights from those who attended and post manana,

In the meantime, an article from today's WSJ, "Air-Travel Survey Reveals American Fliers Habits".
Source:Ipsos Public Affairs.  Some highlights:

  • Travelers value price and airline schedule in deciding whether to travel by air
  • Time spent in travel, safety perceptions, operations reliability and convenience of the airport also counted strongly
  • Quality of in-flight amenities and amenities at the airport rated much lower
  • Before flight, the most important factors for travelers were speed of getting through security and the efficiency of the boarding process.
Why do travelers love KCI?  Convenience.  I flew to Baltimore last week, landed at the very end of the terminal with a very long walk to baggage (here in KC it is a short stroll) then to a designated area to catch Uber (another long walk) before I could get on my way.  Amenities needed, just a stop to use the bathroom.  No shopping, no food, just let me be on my way.  On the trip out, a very congested security line, which I bypassed with my TSAPre pass.  Without that I would not dare think of arriving as late as I usually do.  Convenience? Adios, amigo.

No comments: