Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bridge Etiquette

No, not the card game...I'm talking about the BRB (Barry Road Bridge). Nice woman in a red Nissan waved me through the gauntlet although she arrived at the one lane first. After you my dear Alphonse...no after you! On trip #2 today across BRB a white Chevy pickup was on my tail as I slowed for the BRB crossing, either he didn't care much for the speed limit or he thought drafting @15 MPH saves fuel...go figure. Hey, why don't you share your BRB story...just comment.

Speaking of comment, Alderman Hoy responded to an email I sent last week regarding my concerns about the BRB. She reports the Mayor has been in discussion with KCMO regarding the BRB and improving signage. A meeting has been scheduled for August 6th with KCMO to discuss Barry Road issues. Mary mentions AT&T is being very slow about moving their utilities...this may hold up construction. KCMO is still hoping to get the bridge replaced within the year.

I've been thinking of starting a contest to guess the completion date of the new BRB. Winner gets a fabulous prize (to be named) for being the closest guess without going past the official completion date. Don't submit your guess now, I will dedicate a post just for the contest.

No comments: