Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Citizens Arrest

Coming back from Park Hill High this AM on Barry Road when the WL Police Cruiser pulled out in front of me, coming out of Forest. As I slowed down to meet the 15MPH speed limit for the bridge the Cruiser obviously did not, my guess he was going 25+ on the bridge. New driver/ son Mboy was in passenger seat and is very aware of speed across the bridge (I make him obey all speed/traffic signs and I try to model as well). He noted said speed of the Cruiser...I commented I was sure the Cruiser was proceeding to a call (no, his flashing lights were not on). As we crested Barry the Cruiser was waiting to turn on to Hillside...oops, no emergency.

"Ah, Officer, did you know how fast you were going back there?"

"I'm sure I was going under the limit"

"Well, Officer, Mboy's finely calibrated eyeball had you going over 25MPH over the steel plates, Clank, Clank."

"Gee, I wasn't aware"

"Officer, I am going to have to give you a warning this time, please be mindful of the example you are setting for novice drivers."

"Thanks Mr Citizen, I appreciate it, I will watch it in the future."

No comments: