Friday, November 20, 2009

Davids and Goliath

KC Star reports KCMO anticipates a $66 million shortfall (at least) for the next budget year. The bigger they are, the harder they fall...right? While I "donated" 1% off the top for 11 years to KCMO, it is hard for me to shed a tear. However, the motivation for KCMO to be mindful of our Lake, either through siltation or sewage, becomes less in my opinion as they turn inward to resolve their own problems.

Stepping up to the plate. The time is now for our Davids, the City and WLIC, to confront Goliath. As mentioned yesterday, the filing for alderman and mayor begins soon. Maybe some fresh faces willing to step it up are what we need at the City. Does WLIC have to wait on the City to push KCMO? Nope. Maybe the WLIC Board needs to feel a little more pressure from members to get the sling out. I don't think we are out to slay the giant. But he should know we are mad as hell and we're not going to take it any more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the problem? Aren't we "talking with them"? The Mayor says it's not a we vs. they.

Life is good, muddier and stinkier, but good at Weatherby Lake.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm confussed. Isn't the problem with "crap" in our lake the WLIC's problem??? So why is anon 6:23am bringing the mayor into the situation?? The city is not in charge of issues with the lake WLIC is. Isn't that why we keep having to pay in so much damn (excuse my french) money to them??? Lets put the blame back where it goes and not on the city which it does NOT

Anonymous said...

Dwear Cunfussed

And the WLIC is responsible for the WL Sewer system too ?

Did you notice the President of the WLIC board on TV talking about what he was not going to do about the KCMO Bridge and Sewer problem?

I guess they did not want to talk to the real people responsible

I may be cunfussed but I thought the Damm money was well invested as the Damm will control water in our watershed and stop silt saving us dredging costs

Seems like the WLIC is being proactive in protecting the lake and The Mayor is good at riding in the parade thowing candy at us and kissing babies at Ice Cream Socials

Anonymous said...

Dwear Cunfussed 4:52am,
First if you are going to try to be rude to someone how about not misspell yourself.
I was not saying that the WLIC president ISN'T doing anything. I am say that when it comes to the lake I was under the impression that the WLIC was who we pay to control issues on the lake. When we want something done about the streets we go to the city not the WLIC. So my comment to 6:23 is why complain about the mayor who is not on the board of the WLIC???

Anonymous said...

I am happy to pay for for what we pay for a private lake

I am not happy about the damage another City is doing to our lake

I look to the Mayor and expected he would be a little more effective.

I am tired of people like you who constantly complain about what we pay for the lake and what the WLIC volunteers do giving time for free.Thats why more good people wont serve.You would really have more to complain about if you had to pay them to work on your behalf

As far as your point yes the WLIC is responsibile for the lake.

The CITY is reponsible for the roads and Sewers around the Lake
You call it rude I call it impatient that that reality needs to be explained to you.

The City of WL citizens own the Improvement Company and the Lake.As I see it another City is crapping all over our Mayor and our lake

What has he done except get on TV and admit he is weak?

Anonymous said...

Not a good idea to say we dont want to get in to a we vs them

Really not a good idea to broadcast that position and our unwillingness to stand up to KCMO on TV