Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunshine

The Official Unofficial Minutes of the WL BOA
3 November

The BOA is going to hold a "work session" on November 17th, at 1PM, to discuss the budget for 2010. I am sure the BOA will properly notice the meeting to comply with the "Sunshine" laws of Missouri. And of course it will be held during daylight hours. Just too bad it is being held during normal working hours, when most folks here are at work. Something fishy going on? Nah, don't think so. It does reflect the mindset and status of the Mayor and BOA, basically retired.

Before the couple of whiners out there start asking what I did when I was on the BOA, I can refresh your memory. Virtually all the aldermen I served with had full time jobs. Mayor York had a full time business. Mayor Henderson was retired, one of the few I served with who was retired. I was always on record as having meetings after regular business hours, a few emergencies being the exception. What does the time of day say? None of your business.

No comments: