Monday, November 19, 2012

AWOL, Kind of

Ok, so I have been derelict in my blogging duties. Very busy work week last week, including some East Coast travel to NJ. (BTW, although the area I visited was not affected by flooding, they did get hit by power outages and obviously had high winds. There were many huge pine/evergreen trees simply uprooted and felled, displaying rather anemic root systems}

To top things off, I have been abducted to an undisclosed location. I have been bound and forced to drink massive portions of margaritas and Carta Blanca (my captors have a disdain for Corona, calling it p_ _ _ water). Doing the best I can as a gringo, giving them only my name and Bubba's SSN. Fear the worst with sand torture, maybe even salt water boarding.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be Brave, very brave in the land of tequila and sand.

Unknown said...

If you run into a Federalli don't tell them you know me.

Anonymous said...

In the spirit of community safety and Scams to look out for....

I just got a call from Mark Whitfield, stating that there was a returned item to my bank and that I had 48 hours to resolve this matter, other wise it would be formalized in the county I reside in, left a case #,and said to call back at 773-977-7338. "

I'm usually very quick to dump those messages/calls, but this one was so professional sounding that I actually called my bank to make sure I was correct in my scam assumptions.

Weatherby Lake be alert for this one! This is a very sophisticated scam.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say they said they were "Mark Whitfield from CRS and Associates. They normally don't give their full name and business. That among other things in the presentation was what seemed more legitimate.