Sunday, September 28, 2008

Trash Talkin

One of my weekly tasks is hauling the trash to the curb (well road), sexy huh? We've been recycling for some time, but I have to tell you I haven't notice a big difference in my trek from the garage in the amount of garbage left for Allied Waste. Since the new Bins have arrived at the CC and City Hall I have been more diligent in our recycling consciousness...it is still a work in progress. No doubt recycling is a habit to be cultivated. In any event, I can tell you we have consistently reduced our trash by one third. Really. What about you?

There are a number of metros in the country that have gone to PBTB, Pay By The Bag, policy. KC's MARC (Mid-America Regional Council) recently discussed this in regards to recycling. Projections on waste vs waste sites aren't pretty going forward. Recycling of course helps ease the pressure. PBTB is one way to incent citizens to focus on trash. PBTB coming here? Someday, probably. Why wait? Now we're talkin trash!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Granted we may be getting a deal on trash through Allied Waste, but pay by the bag. I don't think so. Some of the cities doing this still pay less in trash and water than we do. I think Weatherby Lakeans pay more than enough, lets not encourage any extra fees out of our pockets!!