Monday, October 27, 2008

The Wail of Sirens

Almost always a sign of something bad happening. Yesterday afternoon certainly was just that. The dog started to bark, picking up the siren much before I heard it. Then I heard the sound and finally the fire truck raced past out house. Some time after, another, this time a KCMO fire truck followed by another KCMO vehicle, an unusual sight here at WL.

A little bit later, neighbors stopped to tell us of an accident at a home down the street on Potomac. An elderly neighbor was pinned by a fallen tree in the yard (it was especially windy yesterday afternoon). I don't have any more details, I will post as I get them.

Another reminder of how important the BRB is when minutes count for police/fire/rescue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were they responding to a political sign measured within 15' of the road?

All kidding aside, hope the person is OK. And you're right, the BRB is a bad deal for responding to emergencies.