Sunday, April 13, 2008

Comments

I have had at least three people contact me regarding their "comments" not appearing on the blog. Not sure what the problem is/was but apparently it is fixed. So far, since I started, I have removed just one comment, a duplicate by Brian. Other than that, it has been bombs away. Unless somebody uses vulgarity or makes a personal threat, I am okay with the comments, including ones that are critical of me. One comment was what I consider borderline in regards to a personal attack on an individual. I let it ride. I thought it was instructive to understand we do have a few folks in the community who can be fairly mean spirited.

Another change I made to the admin rules of the blog about three weeks ago was to allow completely "Anonymous" comments. I do want readers to weigh in on their points of view and if being anonymous aids that, good. The downside, of course, is a person can use that anonymity to make serious allegations or accusations without being accountable. You may make your self known. I have chosen to write "on the record". That is just the way I am.

Some time today this blog will have the counter go over 2000. I have to say that is amazing. My wife thinks it is three people (me being one of them) who checks the blog 100 times a day. Don't think so, I check it twice or three times including new posts. So, it is possible there are more than two of you who check in routinely...to you I say, Have a Great Day!

No comments: