Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pat White

Some of you may not dig back into "Comments" on various posts (it is amazing how long comments can run on posts). In case you missed it, I thought I would post Pat White's response to the "East Side Alderman Spot"

"Hey folks, I just wanted to put to rest any questions you may have for why I decided not to file for a second term. I see there has been a lot of speculation and I can tell you that there are some very personal reasons why I did not file that I would ask you to respect as being private. There are some others as well that I do not mind sharing. My husband retired last year in August. The two of us have many things we want to do including helping with activities around this community. We also plan to take part in several Cobra Car Club events that will often take us out of town.

I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to learn more about the issues with this city and to have had a chance to meet many new people here at the lake. It was disappointing to me that no one else filed to represent the East Side. I would encourage anyone here at the lake to seriously consider filling this position as it really does help one to understand the complexities and challenges that our board deals with on a continual basis.

Before I close this out I would tell you that your current board are fine people…all of them. They put in a lot of hours out of their personal lives to serve this city in the best way they feel they can. I remember just after I was elected Mayor York said to me, “the campaigning was easy, now the hard work begins”. He was right about that. It is not easy and you can never please everyone with your decisions. All you can do is your best and with that will come the critics. That is the job.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions that were not addressed here.

Pat White"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I respect Pat White's posting and wish her well. She refers to the city council as fine people. It is difficult to reconcile that statement with the legal issues surrounding Jerry Bos. There have been many negative postings concerning Jerry Bos. I wish he would state his sentiment or position on the matter in such a form so that it can be put to rest.

Anonymous said...

I understand Jerry is mayor, so everyone feels his past personal life is their business. I also understand that as Mayor we feel we should know EVERYTHING about him. However there are lots of residents that get sued, etc and we don't seem to make it public knowledge for everyone here to read.

Anonymous said...

7:39pm.....a bit naive. It's not like Mayor Bos' situation was caused by something "personal" like not paying child support or failing to get a building permit. His settlement is directly related to his business, not personal, practices. More importantly, it was this business acumen, cited in campaign flyers, that was promoted as core competencies to support his potential Mayorship.

My concern is that it took a federal watchdog group to unearth the mis-dealings. While there are several on the lake that do there best to keep an eye on things for us, i doubt they have the knowledge, time or desire to do so to that level. Makes me wonder what's already been missed.

Lastly, to suggest that this is the main place that the settlement became public knowledge is silly. I'd suggest that the demographics of this lake would support the notion that people read newspapers. Blog or not.

Anonymous said...

I agree 7:22AM, 7:39PM is missing the point. The DFA's manipulative scheme has been in several newspapers over the last few weeks - starting with the Wall Street Journal. Running for public office should go hand in hand with integrity and honesty. So 7:39AM, let's get this straight .. . a mayor publicly convicted of illegal activities and then handing over our city's management and finances to him - shouldn't have anything to do with each other? 7:39AM, I know of a couple of investment managers who would love to get a hold of your money.